Shopify is one of the most popular eCommerce platforms out there and for good reason. It’s easy to use, has a ton of features, and is very scalable. But once you set up your Shopify store, you need to find the best apps to really make it work for you. So we’ve done the legwork and shortlisted the best Tax apps for Shopify to help you get started.
Also check: Top 10 Best Survey Apps for Shopify
Best Shopify Tax Apps Of 2022
With so many apps out there, it can be tough to know which ones are the best. So here’s a list of the best Shopify Tax apps to help you grow and scale your business more efficiently. Each of these apps has its own unique set of features and benefits, so be sure to read through the descriptions and our take based on the user reviews carefully to find the Shopify app that’s right for you.
1. QuickBooks Connector
- Rating – 4.9 of 5 stars (1369 reviews)
- Pricing – Free plan available. Additional charges may apply.
Save time and stay organized with QuickBooks Connector. Easily connect Shopify to QuickBooks Online.
- Automate accounting – Track your income and expenses and get the most tax deductions for your Shopify business with QuickBooks Online accounting.
- Send sales data to your books – QuickBooks Connector can import sales data from Shopify into QuickBooks Online.
- Save time on manual data entry – Reducing the need for manual data entry and shortcuts will help you avoid making mistakes.
2. TaxJar Sales Tax Automation
- Rating – 3.3 of 5 stars (106 reviews)
- Pricing – From $19/month. 30-day free trial.
TaxJar connects to all the places where you sell, helping you navigate your sales tax liability under economic nexus laws. We provide jurisdiction-level return-ready reporting, and with our AutoFile feature we can automatically submit your returns to the states where you’re registered. It’s easy to get started – TaxJar makes sales tax collection easy..
- Save Time Reporting Sales Tax – TaxJar saves hours by providing easy-to-read exportable state reports of your sales data.
- Seamless and Automatic Filing – TaxJar AutoFile automatically submits your returns to the states where you are registered, ensuring you never miss a due date.
- Multi-Channel Support – It’s easy to connect to all of the places you sell with TaxJar. We work with the top marketplaces and ERP platforms, so you can sell your products wherever and whenever you want.
Based on customer reviews, TaxJar Sales Tax Automation is a reliable and user-friendly tax software that is well worth the investment.
3. Tax Rex ‑ US Sales Tax Reports
- Rating – 4.6 of 5 stars (10 reviews)
- Pricing – From $5/month. 15-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.
Tax Rex helps you create tax reports for your USA-based eCommerce stores. It is your reliable partner for sales tax compliance on Shopify, providing you with reports for any state in the USA.
- Automated Sales Tax Reporting – Tax Rex generates accurate sales tax reports in a user-friendly, ready to file format.
- Accurate Tax Reports – The reports are very accurate based on Shopify’s sales and tax data. Returns and refunds are also taken into account perfectly.
- Nexus Based Reporting – The generated report includes detailed reports based on the jurisdictions you collect taxes in.
4. Data Exporter ‑ Tax Compliance
- Rating – 1.0 of 5 stars (6 reviews)
- Pricing – Price: Free
Some businesses are legally required to share transaction data with tax authorities in order to prevent potential tax evasion. With the Data Exporter – Tax Compliance app, you can export complete, unaltered Shopify store data so that it can be shared with tax authorities or retained for your personal records.
- Comply with tax regulations – Your exported data is compiled to meet tax regulations specific to your location.
- Export straight to your inbox – Request an export and receive it via email in a CSV format.
- Get unaltered data – Receive complete, unaltered data from Shopifys database, including previously deleted orders.
5. Dual Price Display PRO
- Rating – 4.9 of 5 stars (141 reviews)
- Pricing – From $14.99/month. 7-day free trial.
If you sell to businesses and individuals, then this App will help you show prices correctly to both groups of customers.
- Display Both Prices – Allow customers to view both the price including VAT and the price excluding VAT for each product.
- Different Tax Rules For Prices – You can set different tax rules for your products based on country, customer tag, collection, product type or vendor.
- Be Loyal To Your Customers – Help ensure you are providing accurate pricing information to both your business-to-business and business-to-consumer customers.
Based on customer reviews, Dual Price Display PRO is a reliable and easy to use price display system. It is best for large businesses that need to track multiple prices simultaneously. Overall, it is a good product that meets customer needs.
6. Sufio: Professional Invoices
- Rating – 4.8 of 5 stars (440 reviews)
- Pricing – From $19/month. 14-day free trial.
Sufio supports thousands of Shopify merchants in over 75 countries. Our customer success team is available to help you correctly configure your invoices and taxes, so you can focus on growth.
- Powerful Automation – Create professional invoices and documents automatically with our powerful automated workflows. These can be tailored to meet the needs of your business.
- Worldwide Compliance – We validate our invoices to ensure they meet worldwide regulations for both B2C and B2B sales. Our certified accountants help ensure your documents are in compliance.
- Brand-focused Design – Build your brand with Sufios professionally designed and easy to customize invoice templates. Stand out and impress your customers with the unique look and feel of Sufios invoices.
7. Tax Exempt Manager
- Rating – 3.7 of 5 stars (25 reviews)
- Pricing – $9.99/month. 14-day free trial.
LatoriApps Tax Exempt Manager helps you comply with EU directives. Not only can B2B customers in other EU countries buy tax-free from you, but you can also verify that a customer is from an EU country before allowing them to purchase.
- No customer account required – Our app does not require customers to register or login. This means that they are exempt from VAT.
- Works with gross prices – Our app also works with gross prices by automatically calculating net prices for European B2B customers. In addition, tax overrides are supported.
- Validation by VIES webservice – Our app validates VAT IDs using the VIES webservice of the EU. The VAT ID is then stored on the order and can be printed on invoices.
Based on customer reviews, Tax Exempt Manager may be a helpful tool for individual taxpayers or small businesses. Tax Exempt Manager appears to have a user-friendly interface and may help taxpayers keep track of their tax exempt status. However, some customers report that the software is buggy and difficult to use.
8. TSE (KassenSichV)
- Rating – 1.7 of 5 stars (6 reviews)
- Pricing – $9/month
The Kassensicherungsverordnung (KassenSichV) requires German businesses to connect electronic cash registers to a technical security system in order to prevent potential tax evasion. Businesses with tax obligations must secure records of all of their transactions created by electronic Point of Sale (POS) systems using a TSE.
- Comply with KassenSichV – Keep track of your sales transactions to comply with German tax regulations.
- Export in one click – Easily export your data so you can receive it in CSV format.
- Manage locations with ease – activate and deactivate TSE for your retail locations at any time so you only pay when TSE is active.
9. GST Invoice + Reports ‑ India
- Rating – 4.9 of 5 stars (25 reviews)
- Pricing – Free plan available
Install the GST app and use it to share with your tax accountants, generate GST compliant invoices for free, bulk import to 3rd party tools, and CSV/Excel sheets. Filling in GST has never been easier!
- GST Compliant Receipts – Calculate IGST, CGST and SGST automatically and generate PDFs according to Indian GST rules.
- Generate Professional Invoices – Beautifully branded invoices with your store logo, legal name, GSTIN, address, customer support contact number and URL.
- Downloadable GST ready Invoice – See past orders, download a free invoice, and print it for your customers. With GST Monthly Report, it’s easy to file your taxes.
Based on customer reviews, GST Invoice + Reports ‑ India suggests that this software is an effective and reliable way to manage and track your invoices. Additionally, the program’s user-friendly interface makes it easy to use.
10. EAS EU Compliance
- Rating – 5.0 of 5 stars (2 reviews)
- Pricing – Free to install. Additional charges may apply.
Note: The EAS Shopify App requires a simple EAS registration at easproject.com.
- IOSS, OSS, VAT and UK – Get smartly priced EU and UK products in one solution using our EAS smart calculator.
- From registrations to filing – IOSS and VAT registrations – EAS is the automated solution from the start to filing.
- No starting or monthly fees – There are no fees for using our service – pay as you go.
There you have it! The best Shopify tax apps to help take your business to the next level. No matter what your budget is or what type of business you have, there’s an app on this list that can help you improve and scale your business. And since most of these Tax apps for Shopify have a free trial, you can spend a while to try some of the ones you like best before finalizing one one! So what are you waiting for? Get started today and see the results for yourself! And don’t forget to keep an eye on for more Shopify app reviews