Shopify is one of the most popular eCommerce platforms out there and for good reason. It’s easy to use, has a ton of features, and is very scalable. But once you set up your Shopify store, you need to find the best apps to really make it work for you. So we’ve done the legwork and shortlisted the best Small Business apps for Shopify to help you get started.
Also check: Top 10 Best Return Apps for Shopify
Best Shopify Small business Apps Of 2022
With so many apps out there, it can be tough to know which ones are the best. So here’s a list of the best Shopify Small Business apps to help you grow and scale your business more efficiently. Each of these apps has its own unique set of features and benefits, so be sure to read through the descriptions and our take based on the user reviews carefully to find the Shopify app that’s right for you.
1. City Shoppe
- Rating – 4.8 of 5 stars (39 reviews)
- Pricing – Price: Free
The City Shoppe App allows you to sell products to customers worldwide through the City Shoppe marketplace. With no setup fees and a simple 3 step onboarding process, you’ll be able to choose which products you’d like to have available on City Shoppe. Once selected, City Shoppe pulls the product data you want and displays it in our marketplace. After installation, your shop and products will be approved and live.
- Reach New Customers – We are the largest local marketplace, providing a one-stop-shop experience for customers to shop local businesses nationwide.
- Co-Market Together. – Use tools to market with other like-minded brands and retailers, and sign up for marketing campaigns on hyper-targeted customers nationwide.
- We’re Apart of Your Team. – We managed the entire e-commerce experience, so you can focus on creating and curating great products.
Based on customer reviews, City Shoppe seems to be a reliable and trustworthy retailer. Many customers seem to be pleased with the products they’ve purchased, and feel that the prices are reasonable. Overall, City Shoppe seems to be a good choice for purchasing affordable and high-quality items.
- Rating – 5.0 of 5 stars (1 reviews)
- Pricing – Price: Free
Get powerful business banking with Novo. Connect your Shopify account and see your business’s sales in real time – all from within your Novo account.
- Free – Free small business checking account.
- Connected – At Novo, we make it easy for you to connect the apps you use to run your business. With Novo, you can connect your sales and marketing tools, as well as other essential applications.
- Secure – The award-winning checking account is used by over 160,000 small businesses.
3. Avalara RSB – Sales Tax Filing
- Rating – 1.0 of 5 stars (2 reviews)
- Pricing – $19/month. 60-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.
Cloud-based sales tax filing software for Shopify. It’s fast, easy, and secure.
- Upload your tax liabilities – Get a complete picture of your tax liability by collecting data from all your systems and channels. Receive alerts for any potential errors, so you can make the right decisions for your business.
- Know when youre nearing nexus – See your state’s lights on a map to help you track when you’re nearing, or have passed, sales tax obligations. Cut risk by automatically receiving notifications if you enter or cross into a state with nexus requirements.
- File your tax returns quickly – Keep your filing schedule and rules organized with a single dashboard.
4. Gusto ‑ Payroll & HR
- Rating – 5.0 of 5 stars (4 reviews)
- Pricing – From $6/month. 90-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.
Find out which VIP campaigns are performing well and when you need more data to make a conclusive decision.
- Payroll made easy – With our easy-to-use tax payment system, your team gets paid quickly and efficiently – without having to worry about taxes themselves. We’ll take care of everything, from filing with the correct government agencies, to calculating your taxes just the way you want them!
- Integrated with your tools – Gusto has you covered with syncing time and attendance data or payroll expenses to your accounting platform.
- Compliance and peace of mind – Employee I-9s and W-2s, and contractor 1099s are signed and stored online.
5. German accounting Integration
- Rating – 4.9 of 5 stars (125 reviews)
- Pricing – $10/month. 14-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.
Integrate your shopify store and the German lexoffice accounting software with a few easy steps and get your accounting process streamlined.
- Automate your invoicing – Create and send invoices, refunds and payments to your customers automatically.
- Easy DATEV Export – You can submit your tax returns (VAT & DATEV | VAT & balance sheet accounting | OSS) immediately, which will save you costs associated with tax consultancy.
- Import Historic Data – If you missed keeping your accounting straight, you can use the import feature to get invoices from older orders.
Based on customer reviews, German accounting Integration , Shopify integration and the ease of use of the app, we can say that this is a very useful and helpful app for ecommerce businesses. The customer support is also very responsive and helpful. Overall, we highly recommend this app to anyone looking for an easy-to-use ecommerce solution.
6. EcomSolid Theme & Page Builder
- Rating – 4.9 of 5 stars (139 reviews)
- Pricing – Free plan available. Additional charges may apply.
Whether you are a seasoned business or just starting out, selling online can be daunting. Even before building your site, you need to buy a theme, choose integrations, and balance monthly fees… every decision can be expensive.
- 2-in-1 codeless store design – Get started with your store quickly using our theme templates. Then enrich it with our page builder, without needing to code.
- Design Made Easy – You can create custom sections and layouts with any graphics and colors you want, completely customizable to match the look and feel of your brand.
- 30+ booster features – Maximize conversion rate and AOV. Optimize loading speed with cutting-edge technology. Turn visitors into customers easily.
Based on customer reviews, EcomSolid Theme & Page Builder is a great WordPress theme and page builder. It has a wide range of features that will help you customize your website quickly and easily. Overall, it is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a reliable, high-quality WordPress theme and page builder.
7. sevDesk BuchhaltungIntegration
- Rating – 4.9 of 5 stars (65 reviews)
- Pricing – From $1/month. 14-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.
Assignment of OSS tax rules and linking to the relevant documents for analysis and transfer of One Stop Shop activities.
- Accounting Automation – Create documents based on customer orders automatically. Sync invoices, taxes, and refunds; and send invoice and refund emails.
- Simplify Your Tax Reporting – Tracking invoices for all tax reporting (VAT & DATEV | Ust. & Bilanzbuchhaltung | OSS) – save tons of money for tax consulting.
- Simple & Individual Setup – You can use a flat fee, ready to use in 30 seconds. Or, you can choose to have more flexibility in how you invoice your customers. You can also select how much automation you want – from fully automated to requiring minimal input from you.
Based on customer reviews, sevDesk BuchhaltungIntegration is a reliable and affordable software for managing accounting tasks. Overall, it is a good choice for small businesses that need an affordable and easy-to-use software for accounting tasks.
8. Outfy ‑ Automate Social Media
- Rating – 4.8 of 5 stars (1213 reviews)
- Pricing – From $15/month. 7-day free trial.
Outfy helps you create engaging promotional content, promote your store on social media, and reach more customers.
- Social Media Marketing – Promote your products on TOP social media networks – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube, Tumblr. Reach more customers easily and generate more leads.
- Automation to save your Time – Automatically post content on social media using our automated tools – this will save you time and effort. Additionally, increased engagement will help boost your business.
- Engaging Content to Grow Sales – Create product collages, videos, GIFs, and sale promotions with ease. You can drive traffic to them easily using
9. Wholesale Gorilla
- Rating – 4.6 of 5 stars (162 reviews)
- Pricing – From $39.95/month. 30-day free trial.
We’ve been running our own Shopify store for years, and in that time we’ve also been running a wholesale business. Keeping track of separate retail and wholesale inventory, sales, and accounts has been a total pain!
- By Merchants, for Merchants – We created and built this app ourselves, after years of experience selling wholesale on Shopify. We want to give it to you, so you can start seeing results faster than ever before!
- Customer Service First – We understand how important your business is to you, so we put our customers first.
- Wholesale simplified. – Our extensive features are easy to use and designed to make selling wholesale on your Shopify store a seamless process.
10. Print On Demand:Dropshipping
- Rating – 5.0 of 5 stars (13 reviews)
- Pricing – Price: Free
At 99diy, we help entrepreneurs, artists, small business owners, and influencers sell personalized products more easily by printing and drop-shipping them straight to their customers. You can customize anything: Jewelry, Necklaces, Charms, Bracelets, Rings, Earrings, t-shirts, shoes, leggings, bags, mugs, pet supplies, home decorating items like curtains and lamps , wall art and accessories. And then we automatically sync your online store so that when someone buys one of your custom products on our site – you make money!
- 300+ Viral & High-Margin – At our store, you can find a variety of customizable products. These products offer high margins, making them highly profitable.
- Personalized Gifts solution – Our personalized POD solution automatically collects customer data for you. No design work is required!
- Automatic Fulfillment – At iMarket, we have factories all over the world. We offer worldwide shipping to you and your customers so that you can run your business with ease.
Based on customer reviews, Print On Demand:Dropshipping from Amazon is a good way to start an online business. Customers seem happy with the service, and the starting cost is low.
There you have it! The best Shopify small business apps to help take your business to the next level. No matter what your budget is or what type of business you have, there’s an app on this list that can help you improve and scale your business. And since most of these Small Business apps for Shopify have a free trial, you can spend a while to try some of the ones you like best before finalizing one one! So what are you waiting for? Get started today and see the results for yourself! And don’t forget to keep an eye on for more Shopify app reviews
Want to get your app listed? If you have built a Shopify app that fits the list, see one missing from here, let us know. Drop us an email on [email protected] with the subject "Collaboration request" and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.