Shopify is one of the most popular eCommerce platforms out there and for good reason. It’s easy to use, has a ton of features, and is very scalable. But once you set up your Shopify store, you need to find the best apps to really make it work for you. So we’ve done the legwork and shortlisted the best Shipping Restrictions apps for Shopify to help you get started.
Also check: Top 10 Best Shipping Labels Apps for Shopify
Best Shopify Shipping restrictions Apps Of 2022
With so many apps out there, it can be tough to know which ones are the best. So here’s a list of the best Shopify Shipping Restrictions apps to help you grow and scale your business more efficiently. Each of these apps has its own unique set of features and benefits, so be sure to read through the descriptions and our take based on the user reviews carefully to find the Shopify app that’s right for you.
1. Easy Shipping Restrictions
- Rating – 4.9 of 5 stars (92 reviews)
- Pricing – $4/month. 3-day free trial.
Easy Shipping Restrictions allows merchants to restrict shipping based on specific postal codes or patterns. You can also use wildcards to match any string of characters. If you’re looking to sell online but only to a specific area, Easy Shipping Restrictions will give you control over shipping restrictions.
- Granular Shipping Control – Use individual postal or ZIP codes or patterns with wildcards (*) to customize who can proceed past the cart in your Shopify Admin. You can also manage this within your Shopify Admin.
- No More Shipping Surprises – By restricting shipping to specific areas, you reduce the risk of shipping your orders outside of your regular area.
- Built for Ma & Pa – This app is ideal for small businesses that only do local shipping, deliveries, or pickups.
Based on customer reviews, Easy Shipping Restrictions is a reliable and trustworthy company that offers excellent shipping restrictions.
2. Geolocation Pop Up Warnings
- Rating – 5.0 of 5 stars (12 reviews)
- Pricing – Free plan available
Are you having trouble with chargebacks, complaints, and misunderstandings from your customers? Geolocation Product Warnings can help!
- Reduce Chargebacks & Complaint – Notify customers about shipping delays and restrictions, product availability issues, Lock-down/quarantine, and pre-orders. Change business hours occasionally.
- Smart Geolocation Targeting – You can make the warnings appear only for visitors from certain countries or all, choose when they will appear, and specify how often they will reappear.
- Multiple Warning Types – Create alerts for specific products, product collections, or smart collections. You can also set up alerts for universal products – for every product in your store.
Based on customer reviews, Geolocation Pop Up Warnings appear to be a reliable and trustworthy product. Most customers seem pleased with the product, and feel that it provides a useful safety precaution.
3. Shipping Rates & Delivery date
- Rating – 5.0 of 5 stars (135 reviews)
- Pricing – Free plan available. 30-day free trial.
Shipping solutions that include advance shipping rules based on products, order delivery date and zip codes/post code.
- Advance Shipping rates/rules – -Shipping by customer, product, vendor, tag, or type.-Shipping surcharge.-Zip code check and validation.-Restrict product shipping.-Drop shipping rates available.
- Custom Shipping Solutions – You can set Custom Shipping Rates based on cart total, weight, quantity, surcharge and tier rates. You can also modify the shipping rate modifier.
- Order Delivery Date – Shipping services with delivery dates: Choose a date and time for pickup/local delivery. Choose a scheduled delivery. Change rates by the chosen date/time today or tomorrow.
Based on customer reviews, Shipping Rates & Delivery date seem accurate, but the quality of the product is questionable. Some customers who have received the product seem to be unhappy with it, although most seem to be satisfied. Overall, it seems that the customer service might not be as reliable as the product itself.
4. Blocky: Fraud Country Blocker
- Rating – 4.8 of 5 stars (71 reviews)
- Pricing – Free plan available. 7-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.
NEW – Visitor Analytics dashboard! See the IP address, browser type and origin geolocation country of each visitor in one central location!.
- Redirect Customers by Country – Automatically send visitors from a certain country to the local store of their country based on their GeoIP.
- Country Blocker, IP Blocker – You can prevent certain countries or IP addresses from accessing your store. This will help reduce fraudulent chargebacks and frauds!
- Fraud Filter: Block VPN, Proxy – No coding is required to install the app. It will start working immediately after installation. The app supports all stores and themes!
Based on customer reviews, Blocky: Fraud Country Blocker is a good app that helps protect users from online fraud.
5. 1account Age Verification
- Rating – 4.0 of 5 stars (3 reviews)
- Pricing – Price: Free
1Account offers real-time validation of your customers’ data through its connection to multiple third party data sources.
- High Success Ratios – We use more data sources than other providers, ensuring greater verification success rates and compliance with industry standards.
- Fast Response Times – All API checks are conducted in real-time, which automatically tags purchase data as verified. Ship products that are restricted with confidence.
- Excellent Value – We do all of this for approved businesses and consumers – whether they have a high number of age & identity validation checks or not.
6. ZIP code restriction/validate
- Rating – 3.5 of 5 stars (13 reviews)
- Pricing – From $3.99/month. 10-day free trial.
Shipping Restriction-ZIP Codes allows storeowners to restrict shipping by ZIP/Postal code before a customer completes a purchase. This is a great tool if you deliver only to specific areas and don’t want to deal with orders placed by customers who do not read delivery instructions.
- Flexible ZIP/Postal configs – The configuration is easy to manage, allowing you to restrict delivery to specific ZIP/Postal codes. You can also use regular codes or patterns (*) for multiple zones.
- No more cancelled orders – You don’t have to cancel orders and chat with customers, because you can’t deliver! Make sure customers check the order before they place it.
- Easy to install & use – Our app is compatible with regular and Ajax carts, mobile and regular devices. There is no programming needed to install the app.
Based on customer reviews, ZIP code restriction/validate doesn’t seem to work very well.
7. Shipping Rates ‑ Shipeasy
- Rating – 5.0 of 5 stars (211 reviews)
- Pricing – Free plan available. 30-day free trial.
We understand shipping rates can be unique to each store. With Shipeasy, you can create multiple conditions to set the correct shipping rate.
- Rule based rate calculation – You can control all aspects of your shipping rates using multiple rules based on all order and product parameters. This includes Zip/post code, distance, dimension.
- Increase profitability – Calculate accurate shipping rates. Reduce losses. Setup rates for drop shipping by customer and location.
- Assisted setup – Schedule a call with us for complete setup assistance.
Based on customer reviews, Shipping Rates ‑ Shipeasy is a reliable online shipping company that offers competitive rates. Customers generally appreciate the company’s speedy delivery and reliable customer service.
8. Free Shipping Bar
- Rating – 4.9 of 5 stars (10904 reviews)
- Pricing – Free plan available
Today’s consumers expect free shipping as a bonus when they make a purchase at a retail site. According to recent data, most consumers would be more likely to shop at a site online if they were promised this perk.
- Boost Cart Values and Sales – Promote your free shipping offers with progressive messages and a cart goal. This will motivate your customers to spend more, and increase revenue.
- Advanced Targeting – Use different free shipping offers based on country, pages, device, and customer groups. Optimize your revenue boost from free shipping by grouping customers into specific customer groups.
- Curated Holiday Themes – Customizable bar background images communicate the holiday and promotional mood to your customers to increase conversions and generate more sales.
Based on customer reviews, Free Shipping Bar is a great place to get your hair products. The quality of the products is good and the shipping is fast.
9. Intuitive Shipping
- Rating – 5.0 of 5 stars (276 reviews)
- Pricing – Free plan available. 15-day free trial.
Shipping customization is now easy with Intuitive Shipping. You can choose from a variety of shipping options, their costs, titles, and delivery estimates.
- Boost Conversions – You can mix and match over 40 shipping conditions to control every aspect of your shipping costs and delivery options for boosted conversions and increased profits.
- Conditional Free Shipping – Ensure profitability and restrict specific items, cart combinations, or shipping destinations from qualifying for free shipping.
- Accurate Dimensional Rates – Use SmartBoxing to display accurate shipping costs for real-time shipping options, as well as provide customers access to faster shipping speeds.
Based on customer reviews, Intuitive Shipping is a great app with helpful customer support. With its ability to quickly and easily set up shipping rules, Intuitive Shipping has greatly improved the accuracy of shipping rates for customers. Highly recommended!
10. Ship, Rate and Track
- Rating – 4.9 of 5 stars (249 reviews)
- Pricing – $19/month. 15-day free trial.
The Ship, Rate & Track app for FedEx helps integrate FedEx shipping with Shopify easily. It can display live FedEx rates at the checkout page, print shipping labels in bulk, and track shipments.
- Live FedEx Shipping Rates – See FedEx Domestic, International and Freight Shipping Rates, including negotiated rates for your account, directly on the checkout page.
- Generate FedEx Shipping Labels – You can now easily download and print FedEx shipping labels directly from your Shopify store. Just click the button below!
- Seamless FedEx Tracking – Get FedEx tracking numbers for each order and send live FedEx tracking notifications to your customers via email.
Based on customer reviews, Ship, Rate and Track is a reliable and trustworthy shipping service. Although there may be some occasional delays, the customer service is competent and helpful. Overall, this shipping service is recommended for those who need quick and easy shipping services.
There you have it! The best Shopify shipping restrictions apps to help take your business to the next level. No matter what your budget is or what type of business you have, there’s an app on this list that can help you improve and scale your business. And since most of these Shipping Restrictions apps for Shopify have a free trial, you can spend a while to try some of the ones you like best before finalizing one one! So what are you waiting for? Get started today and see the results for yourself! And don’t forget to keep an eye on for more Shopify app reviews
Want to get your app listed? If you have built a Shopify app that fits the list, see one missing from here, let us know. Drop us an email on [email protected] with the subject "Collaboration request" and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.