Shopify is one of the most popular eCommerce platforms out there and for good reason. It’s easy to use, has a ton of features, and is very scalable. But once you set up your Shopify store, you need to find the best apps to really make it work for you. So we’ve done the legwork and shortlisted the best Geo Location apps for Shopify to help you get started.
Also check: Top 10 Best Generate Pdf Invoice Apps for Shopify
Best Shopify Geo location Apps Of 2022
With so many apps out there, it can be tough to know which ones are the best. So here’s a list of the best Shopify Geo Location apps to help you grow and scale your business more efficiently. Each of these apps has its own unique set of features and benefits, so be sure to read through the descriptions and our take based on the user reviews carefully to find the Shopify app that’s right for you.
- Rating – 2.1 of 5 stars (216 reviews)
- Pricing – Price: Free
The Geolocation app lets you recommend the best country and language for your visitors based on their browser preferences and location. These recommendations show up on your online store as a bar or popup, and fit seamlessly with your brand. Your visitors can also change their country and language anytime, with selectors that work with any theme. The home currency of each recommended country is also surfaced in the recommendation and selectors.
- Boost conversion – Increase the chances that your international visitors will make a purchase.
- Provide a local experience – You can offer a customized shopping experience no matter where you are located.
- Set up quickly – Publish your store content in minutes with no coding required.
Based on customer reviews, Geolocation is an easy to use and efficient app that provides a great way for international retailers to reach out to their customers in different countries. However, there are some limitations that could be improved upon – specifically with regards to customising the popup and improving the loading speeds. Overall, Geolocation is a great tool that can help retailers take their business to the next level.
2. Geo:Pro Geolocation Redirects
- Rating – 4.8 of 5 stars (38 reviews)
- Pricing – $5/month. 14-day free trial.
You can redirect customers to your local store or international store, or block unwanted visitors based on their geolocation (region, country) or IP address.
- Location redirects – You can redirect visitors to localized versions of your store based on their geographic location.
- Protect your store – Block visitors from certain countries or IP addresses from your store.
- Custom geolocation features – Add geolocation functionality to your custom redirects and features using our simple geo API.
Based on customer reviews, Geo:Pro Geolocation Redirects is a reliable and affordable geolocation redirect service.
3. Geolocation Popup ‑ ORBE
- Rating – 5.0 of 5 stars (11 reviews)
- Pricing – Free plan available. 7-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.
ORBE provides users with recommendations to access the catalogue of shipping countries for items they have recently purchased. This is based on their geographic location.
- Boost your international UX – Keep your customers by ensuring they are visiting the right version of your store. SEO-friendly, our traffic split tool makes it easy to keep everyone on track.
- Customize it – Create an experience that matches your branding guidelines with no coding required.
- Integrate with Shopify Markets – Use Shopify Markets tocreate customized buying experiences for each country. This will help increase sales.
Based on customer reviews, Geolocation Popup ‑ ORBE is a good app for managing and tracking your location.
4. Geolocation Pop Up Warnings
- Rating – 5.0 of 5 stars (12 reviews)
- Pricing – Free plan available
If you’re experiencing chargebacks, complaints, and misunderstandings from your customers, Geolocation Product Warnings is here to help!
- Reduce Chargebacks & Complaint – Notify your customers of shipping delays or restrictions, product availability issues, Lock-down/quarantine, pre-orders, and business hours changes.
- Smart Geolocation Targeting – You can make the warnings appear only for visitors from certain countries or all, and choose how often they appear.
- Multiple Warning Types – Create warnings for specific products, product collections, or smart collections. Warnings will apply to every product in the store.
Based on customer reviews, Geolocation Pop Up Warnings is a helpful app for drivers. It alerts drivers when they are approaching danger zones and gives them the option to disable or ignore the warnings.
5. GeoLocation+Currency Converter
- Rating – 5.0 of 5 stars (4 reviews)
- Pricing – Free plan available. 7-day free trial.
Geolocation Redirect lets you customize your customers’ experience by redirecting them to a specific site based on their country or state. You also have control over how this redirect happens – you can choose to redirect your visitors instantly with our geolocation auto-detect feature, or you can choose custom redirect pop-ups with text. This gives your customers the freedom to shop in their local currency with our IP/visitor-based auto currency converter feature and choose a language of their choice in real time.
- Localized Customer Experience – You can redirect customers from anywhere in the world to country- or state-specific domains, and then engage them with geo-targeted auto redirections.
- Block Malicious Traffic – Enhance your security by blocking visits from malicious IPs or visitors from restricted states or countries. Our geolocation auto-detect feature will help you do this.
- Change Currency – Expand your business horizons by converting currencies based on customers’ location or preferences with our multi-currency conversion feature.
6. Geolocation Redirect ﹣Open Geo
- Rating – 5.0 of 5 stars (3 reviews)
- Pricing – $2.50/month. 30-day free trial.
OpenGeo is a simple app that lets you control the geo of your customers. This can be used to redirect or block specific countries or IP addresses, as well as set up everything for you. You don’t need any coding experience to use OpenGeo.
- – You can easily compare the performance of different prices by using our handy chart. Additionally, we’ll let you know when you have enough data to declare a clear winner.
- – You can easily compare your results with others at any given time.
- – .
7. GeoIP Country Redirect
- Rating – 4.7 of 5 stars (101 reviews)
- Pricing – From $7.50/month. 15-day free trial.
Compatible with Online Store 2.0.
- Automatically redirect a user – You can automatically redirect users to different stores based on their IP address. You may also display a redirect message in a popup box or top bar.
- Increase Conversions – Redirect visitors to an online store designed for their region. This will boost conversion for your ecommerce business.
- Google Bot / IP Exclusion – Since the App doesn’t redirect GoogleBot, you can be sure that all versions of your store will be indexed by Google. In addition, the App supports IP exclusion.
Based on customer reviews, GeoIP Country Redirect is a reliable and affordable software solution to redirect your customers to the correct country based on their IP address.
8. Back in Stock & Restock Alerts
- Rating – 5.0 of 5 stars (566 reviews)
- Pricing – Free plan available. 14-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.
CartBite provides marketing automation tools that help you engage with your customers based on actions they take when they visited your store. Our powerful techniques help you make more sales by sending notifications about back in stock, abandoned carts, and price drops.
- Quick and easy setup – This plugin works with every theme. Plus, we’ve added a drop-down price button to product pages so you don’t have to code anything!
- Back In Stock Revenue – Recover lost sales with abandoned cart notifications. Get in touch with potential customers with back in stock, abandoned cart and sales alerts.
- Full Customization – You can customize the notification message, display it in any language, and optimize notification delivery. You can also create Custom segmented Campaigns to target specific groups of people.
Based on customer reviews, Back in Stock & Restock Alerts is a reliable online store that has a wide range of products to choose from. The shipping times are fast, and the customer service is helpful and responsive. Overall, Back in Stock & Restock Alerts is a great store to shop at.
9. Social Proof & Urgency FOMO
- Rating – 4.8 of 5 stars (140 reviews)
- Pricing – Free plan available. 14-day free trial.
Seeing a crowded restaurant makes you want to eat at that restaurant, too? Fomo creates the same dynamic on your Shopify store – you start to crave products that are popular on your store.
- Social Proof to Increase Sales – With an easy-to-use editor, Fomo can help you build trust, create urgency, and boost sales by displaying social proof and recent order notifications.
- Multi-Language & Geo-Location – Bring in customers from all over the world? FOMO means you can in 29 different languages. Let them experience Fomo in the language they understand.
- Connect Your Favorite Apps – Integrate FOMO with dozens of Shopify apps in a couple of clicks. From email marketing to review apps, there’s a FOMO integration for you!
Based on customer reviews, Social Proof & Urgency FOMO is a useful and well-designed app that can help increase sales and interest in your products. However, the price of $15/month is a little high for what the app offers, and some customers feel that Fomo charges them too much for overages. Overall, Social Proof & Urgency FOMO is a helpful tool that can be worth the investment for businesses with high-traffic stores.
10. Upsell—Pop Ups—Email Marketing
- Rating – 5.0 of 5 stars (1746 reviews)
- Pricing – Price: Free
Book a demo call in English, Spanish or through the “View demo store” button above.
- Activate One-Click Upsells – ONE App: One-Click Checkout Page (no re-entering payment), ONE Upsell Bundles/Cross Sell/Sweet Upsell Recommendations & Upsale A/B Testing.
- Automate SMS/Email Marketing – SMS Text Marketing, Abandoned Cart Recovery/Thank You Email Template/Abandonment Protector/Shopify Email List, Segment Sync Klaviyo, Mailchimp.
- Add Sales, Pop Ups & Rewards – Pop Up Window (Sign-Up Form) Phone/Birthday/Email Capture, Spin Wheel Black Friday Coupon Code/Gift Card, Buy X Get Y, Buy One Get One Store.
Based on customer reviews, Upsell—Pop Ups—Email Marketing is a confusing, hard to navigate and understand app that is full of paid plans.
There you have it! The best Shopify geo location apps to help take your business to the next level. No matter what your budget is or what type of business you have, there’s an app on this list that can help you improve and scale your business. And since most of these Geo Location apps for Shopify have a free trial, you can spend a while to try some of the ones you like best before finalizing one one! So what are you waiting for? Get started today and see the results for yourself! And don’t forget to keep an eye on for more Shopify app reviews
Want to get your app listed? If you have built a Shopify app that fits the list, see one missing from here, let us know. Drop us an email on [email protected] with the subject "Collaboration request" and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.