Shopify is one of the most popular eCommerce platforms out there and for good reason. It’s easy to use, has a ton of features, and is very scalable. But once you set up your Shopify store, you need to find the best apps to really make it work for you. So we’ve done the legwork and shortlisted the best Free apps for Shopify to help you get started.
Also check: Top 11 Best Fraud Protection Apps for Shopify
Best Shopify Free Apps Of 2022
With so many apps out there, it can be tough to know which ones are the best. So here’s a list of the best Shopify Free apps to help you grow and scale your business more efficiently. Each of these apps has its own unique set of features and benefits, so be sure to read through the descriptions and our take based on the user reviews carefully to find the Shopify app that’s right for you.
1. Trust Me ‑ Trust Badges & Icon
- Rating – 4.9 of 5 stars (594 reviews)
- Pricing – Price: Free
Update icons: ZIP, SEZZLE ….
- Build Customer Trust – Inform customers that there are multiple payment methods. Build customer trust in you, and create beautiful animations to improve relationships.
- Drive More Sales – Ease your customers’ fears by providing them with variety trust badges. Motivate them to purchase your product and boost your sales.
- Reduce Bounce Rate – WIN CUSTOMERS’ TRUST IN SECONDSGIVE THEM PEACE OF MIND BY PAYING FOR GOODS WITH EASEINVEST IN REVENUE WITH EASE
Based on customer reviews, Trust Me ‑ Trust Badges & Icon does what it is supposed to do – helps you easily create and manage badges and icons for your website. However, there are some minor issues with the app that should be fixed, such as the lack of a custom badge or icon editor. Overall, Trust Me – Trust Badges & Icon is an effective tool for managing badges and icons on your website.
2. Free Shipping Bar
- Rating – 4.9 of 5 stars (10898 reviews)
- Pricing – Free plan available
Today’s consumers expect free shipping as a bonus when they make a purchase of multiple items. According to recent data, most consumers would be more likely to shop at a site online if they were promised free shipping.
- Boost Cart Values and Sales – Promote your free shipping offers by progressively messaging your customers and setting a cart goal. This will motivate them to spend more, and increase revenue.
- Advanced Targeting – Effectively display different free shipping offers based on country, pages, device and customer groups. This will optimize your revenue boost from free shipping.
- Curated Holiday Themes – Customized bar background images express the holiday and promotional mood to your customers, resulting in increased conversions and more sales.
Based on customer reviews, Free Shipping Bar is a great app that is straightforward to use, easy to set-up and provides great features for online stores. The only downside is that it requires the use of the premium version in order to edit some of the more complex settings.
3. Cart Upsell, Free Gift Monster
- Rating – 4.9 of 5 stars (284 reviews)
- Pricing – Free plan available. 10-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.
The Slide Cart Drawer makes it easy to pull up special offers and upsells during your presentations.
- Design Beautiful Cart Drawer – Design the Upsell Cart Drawer to fit your brand perfectly. It seamlessly blends in with your store, without looking like an extra ad.
- Increase AOV With Upsells – Trigger upsells on products that are added to your cart. This might include Gift, One tick upsell, or Frequently bought together.
- Optimize For High Conversions – Eliminate conversion killers and speed up the checkout process. Upsell customers without intrusive offers, and grow your conversion rates!
Based on customer reviews, Cart Upsell, Free Gift Monster is an app that offers a variety of features to help increase sales and create a customer base. The customer service team is responsive and helpful, and the app is easy to use. However, there are some design changes that could be made, such as customizing the app’s aesthetic elements. Overall, Cart Upsell is a great tool that can help increase sales for your store.
4. PPF: Product Quiz Builder
- Rating – 4.9 of 5 stars (61 reviews)
- Pricing – Price: Free
The ‘Perfect Product Finder’ app enables eCommerce brands to create branded shop quizzes. This helps them find the perfect product for their customers quickly and easily.
- Designed to fit your brand – Creating shop quizzes that perfectly reflect your brand and products is easy with our tools. You can choose between high-end and mobile optimized designs to make sure your quizzes are seen by as many people as possible.
- Build strong relationships – Every quiz completion gives you valuable insights about your customers. You can easily sync your quiz data to Klaviyo for even more insights.
- Increase revenue and trust – Consumers that can find the products they are looking for will reward you with more valuable and repeated purchases.
Based on customer reviews, PPF: Product Quiz Builder is a great App for creating custom quizzes to guide customers to purchasing the right product which suits them best. The App is easy to use and provides great results, making it a great tool for increasing sales. Additionally, the staff is helpful and the app has picture and text capabilities which makes it easy to customize.
5. Monk Cart Upsell & Free Gift
- Rating – 4.9 of 5 stars (132 reviews)
- Pricing – Free plan available. 7-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.
Display a progress bar at the top of your theme’s native cart page or drawer. Display milestones (e.g., $50, $100) and corresponding rewards (discounts, free shipping, free gift etc). incentivize customers to increase their cart value.
- Instant impact on sales – You can increase your total revenue by upselling and cross-selling to customers in the full funnel. Choose the right offers and set them up correctly for great results.
- Highly customizable offers – There are several triggers and logic options to create cross-sells and upsells exactly how you want. You can translate text, edit font and color preferences to fit natively within the store.
- Set it & forget it. No code. – No programming required. We offer round-the-clock chat support with very swift response times. One time effort to set-up lucrative and bold upsells!
Based on customer reviews, Monk Cart Upsell & Free Gift is a great app for cross-selling and in-cart upsells. The app has excellent customer service and responds quickly to email. The only issue is that the design options are limited.
6. Sales Popup Free Shipping Bar
- Rating – 4.8 of 5 stars (3969 reviews)
- Pricing – Free plan available. 14-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.
Sales popups create urgency and foster trust by displaying recent purchase information. This motivates customers to make a purchase and also earns your store positive trust badges. You can reduce friction by quickly viewing products on the page.
- Sales Popup Conversion pro – See recent sales popups, visitors counter, sold count & stock countdown timer on your store to boost sales and urgency.
- Sales Popup for social proof – View recent sales, notifications of trust badges, and more in a quick view. Show this information to build trust and social proof with visitors before they buy from you on Christmas.
- Stock Countdown Timer Urgency – Recent Sales Popup and recent orders will persuade visitors to buy now using quick announcement bar urgency, scarcity, and Fear of Missing Out.
Based on customer reviews, Sales Popup Free Shipping Bar is not a good app to use. It traps you to select the PRO version and doesnt give you any trial days. So you have to pay for it, and after taking a look you will delete this app like I do.
7. Essential Free Shipping Bar
- Rating – 5.0 of 5 stars (24 reviews)
- Pricing – Price: Free
Display a free shipping or cart value goal progress bar to your buyers to increase your AOV (average order value) or average cart value. Pick between multiple goals to motivate buyers to add more products to their carts. options may include Free shipping, a discount code, or anything else you can think of.
- Increase average order value – Boost your sales and average cart value by setting different cart value goals and upselling your buyers.
- Free shipping progress bar – Increase average order value (AOV) by using a free shipping progress bar that encourages buyers to buy more.
- Cart Goals + Cart Upsell – Increase your average cart value by offering different cart goals (free shipping, discount code, etc.), as well as product upsells.
Based on customer reviews, Essential Free Shipping Bar is a great application that provides helpful features and friendly customer service. Overall, it is highly recommended.
8. FREE Social Media icons
- Rating – 4.8 of 5 stars (89 reviews)
- Pricing – Free plan available. 7-day free trial.
The app supports all sorts of stores and Shopify themes. Plus, you can customize Social Icons with color settings.
- Boost Social Media Followers – Bring customers to your social media profiles – this will help strengthen your brand and attract more likes, followers and impressions. Also available are share buttons for social media.
- Custom Tooltip – You can easily write your own tooltip with customized design changes for your social media bar. Your tooltip will magically appear immediately after installation.
- Social icons to get leads – Use attractive social media icons to draw visitors to your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media channels.
Based on customer reviews, FREE Social Media icons for Shopify is definitely worth installing on your website. It is easy to use and free for the first two icons. After that, it costs just 2.99 for every additional icon. Plus, the customer support is responsive, so you will never have any problems with it.
9. FREE ‑ Image Optimizer
- Rating – 4.8 of 5 stars (129 reviews)
- Pricing – Free to install. Additional charges may apply.
SEO – image optimizer uses a smart combination of the best optimization and lossy compression algorithms to shrink JPEG, GIF and PNG images to the minimum possible size while still maintaining required quality.
- Speed up your websites – Using lighter images will speed up your site, improve user experience, and even help with SEO.
- Save time – You no longer need to fine-tune your images; they are now automatically optimized.
- Don’t sacrifice quality – Optimize your images without sacrificing their quality. They will remain beautiful, even with a lower weight.
Based on customer reviews, FREE ‑ Image Optimizer is a great app that does what it says on the tin, compressing images by up to 30% while preserving their quality. While some would like more flexibility in the optimization process, overall this is an excellent app that should be considered for anyone looking to save bandwidth and improve page speed.
10. Judge.me Product Reviews
- Rating – 5.0 of 5 stars (10607 reviews)
- Pricing – Free plan available
Judge.me helps you collect and display star ratings and reviews about your products and Shopify store. Social proof from reviews and other user-generated content, like photos and videos, increases your conversion rate, organic traffic, and buyer engagement. Our photo and video reviews are free!
- Get more reviews on autopilot – Buyers can view and review product information directly from their email. They can also take photos and videos of the products they are reviewing. You can control which reviews are sent to buyers, as well as receive reminders and coupons.
- Show star ratings and reviews – Review stars in Google Search (rich snippets), Google Shopping, Facebook. On-Site: All Reviews Page, Carousel, Badges to show social proof..
- Boost sales with social proof – Installation is easy with 24/7 support. Import existing reviews. Widgets use your shop design. You can request as many reviews as you like to increase UGC.
Based on customer reviews, Judge.me Product Reviews App is a great review app that is user-friendly and helps products stand out. The customer service is also very helpful. Additionally, the app has fast technical help, easy customization, and responsive support.
There you have it! The best Shopify free apps to help take your business to the next level. No matter what your budget is or what type of business you have, there’s an app on this list that can help you improve and scale your business. And since most of these Free apps for Shopify have a free trial, you can spend a while to try some of the ones you like best before finalizing one one! So what are you waiting for? Get started today and see the results for yourself! And don’t forget to keep an eye on for more Shopify app reviews