Shopify is one of the most popular eCommerce platforms out there and for good reason. It’s easy to use, has a ton of features, and is very scalable. But once you set up your Shopify store, you need to find the best apps to really make it work for you. So we’ve done the legwork and shortlisted the best Category apps for Shopify to help you get started.
Also check: Top 11 Best Catalog Apps for Shopify
Best Shopify Category Apps Of 2022
With so many apps out there, it can be tough to know which ones are the best. So here’s a list of the best Shopify Category apps to help you grow and scale your business more efficiently. Each of these apps has its own unique set of features and benefits, so be sure to read through the descriptions and our take based on the user reviews carefully to find the Shopify app that’s right for you.
1. PRODUCT SEARCH BAR & FILTERS
- Rating – 4.9 of 5 stars (486 reviews)
- Pricing – Free plan available. 30-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.
With Doofinder, you’ll revolutionize the browsing and search experience of your online Shopify store. This new way of increasing sales will change everything!
- The Smart Search Bar – This search engine is lightning fast, dynamic and predictive in nature, understanding user behavior in an intelligent way to deliver relevant search results.
- Real Time Statistics – See how visitors who search on our website affect conversion rates in real time with our internal search engine. This feature is enhanced with advanced features.
- Searchandising – Display banners and promotions related to specific search terms or campaigns using Doofinders marketing features.
Based on customer reviews, PRODUCT SEARCH BAR & FILTERS is a reliable and trustworthy product. Many customers have praised the product for its high-quality filters and efficient performance. Overall, PRODUCT SEARCH BAR & FILTERS is a great choice for anyone looking for a quality air filter.
2. Category Breadcrumbs
- Rating – 4.9 of 5 stars (20 reviews)
- Pricing – $5/month. 10-day free trial.
Category Breadcrumbs makes it easy to show your customers a complete breadcrumb trail. As they navigate down your category tree, their breadcrumb trail expands to give them an easy route back up.
- Category-based – Categorize your products so they are easier to find and discover. You can search for them or stumble across them by accident.
- Breadcrumbs for collections – You can create unique breadcrumb links for each collection in your category tree.
- Supports themes 2.0 – Drag-and-drop in 2.0 themes, or insert a liquid embed to replace your theme’s current top > bottom breadcrumb.
Based on customer reviews, Category Breadcrumbs is a good product.
3. Categories Uncomplicated
- Rating – 5.0 of 5 stars (44 reviews)
- Pricing – $10/month. 10-day free trial.
One of the first things shop-owners new to Shopify tell us is that they can’t believe there isn’t a category system. Now with Categories Uncomplicated you can organise your collections into a structure that, at a glance, helps your customers understand: * What kinds of products you sell* How those products are organised* How they can narrow their search down to more specific sub-categories and find the group of products they’re shopping for.
- Make your products findable – Categorize your products to make them easier to find and discover.
- Categories at mulitple levels – Create categories and sub-categories for search engines to target your SEO.
- Unified category list – You can add a category list (with product count), breadcrumb and sub-category icons to your navigation.
Based on customer reviews, Categories Uncomplicated is a great choice for those looking for an easy-to-use meal planning tool. While some users report frustration with the app’s unintuitive design, others find it to be quite userfriendly and helpful. Overall, Categories Uncomplicated is a good choice for those who are looking for a simple but effective meal planning tool.
4. Categories for Collections Ai
- Rating – 0.0 of 5 stars ( reviews)
- Pricing – $14.95/month. 7-day free trial.
This app is perfect if you have a lot of products. It automatically analyzes product titles, descriptions, variant titles and tags to identify keywords. This information is then presented in the form of smart collection recommendations.
- Super Easy To Use – As soon as you install the app, we begin analyzing your products for hot keywords. Relax and let the tool do the work for you….
- Creates Optimized Collections – This app creates collection suggestions so you don’t have to manually create them. It saves you time by adding your products too.
- Enhance Collections with AI – Enhance your collections with artificial intelligence. With a single click, the app will create a collection description that is optimized for SEO.
5. Category Menus
- Rating – 4.4 of 5 stars (17 reviews)
- Pricing – $5/month. 10-day free trial.
Once you set up your menus using Shopify’s “Navigation” admin interface, you’re one click away from having them done. There’s no need to duplicate effort or mess with HTML/CSS/Liquid – Category Menus does all of this for you.
- Categories in your menu – Categorize your products so they are easier to find and discover.
- Simple to install and maintain – Requires no HTML coding or modification of your current theme.
- Multiple levels of categories – See all of your Shopify store’s categories, subcategories, and sub-subcategories from the menu using Navigation.
Based on customer reviews, Category Menus is a restaurant that is reasonably priced and offers good food.
6. Category Floating List
- Rating – 4.8 of 5 stars (7 reviews)
- Pricing – $7.50/month. 10-day free trial.
Category Floating List makes it easy to show your customers a category list on the left-hand side of every collection page, even if your theme doesn\’t have a left-hand sidebar.
- Categorise – Categorize your products to make them easier to find and discover.
- Customise your category list – Configure your category list to control how it expands, which categories show when, and all through our simple Admin panel.
- Nest categories inside – Create nested categories within sub-categories and sub-sub-categories up to 10 levels. There is no need for theme changes or coding!
Based on customer reviews, Category Floating List is a quality product that is likely to meet the needs of most consumers. While some customers report occasional issues with the app, overall it is generally well-received.
7. Categories by BTP
- Rating – 3.2 of 5 stars (6 reviews)
- Pricing – $9.99/month. 30-day free trial.
With Categories by BTP, you can create a navigation tree using Shopify\’s smart collections. You can configure your categories via the app\’s intuitive backend interface and have them show up in your theme automatically.
- Drag and Drop Interface – Category by BTP provides an easy-to-use drag and drop interface for configuring your category hierarchy.
- Unlimited Nesting – Categories by BTP gives you the ability to bypass Shopify\’s nesting limitations and provides an easy-to-install snippet for your storefront navigation.
- Improves SEO – Categories by BTP\’s automatic collection title and handle renaming make your collections more SEO-friendly and improve searchability.
Based on customer reviews, Categories by BTP is a good value for the price. The app is easy to use and provides a lot of features for the price. Overall, it seems like a good choice for those looking for an affordable and comprehensive shopping list app.
There you have it! The best Shopify category apps to help take your business to the next level. No matter what your budget is or what type of business you have, there’s an app on this list that can help you improve and scale your business. And since most of these Category apps for Shopify have a free trial, you can spend a while to try some of the ones you like best before finalizing one one! So what are you waiting for? Get started today and see the results for yourself! And don’t forget to keep an eye on for more Shopify app reviews