Shopify is one of the most popular eCommerce platforms out there and for good reason. It’s easy to use, has a ton of features, and is very scalable. But once you set up your Shopify store, you need to find the best apps to really make it work for you. So we’ve done the legwork and shortlisted the best Google Tag Manager apps for Shopify to help you get started.
Also check: Top 11 Best Product Effects Apps for Shopify
Best Shopify Google tag manager Apps Of 2022
With so many apps out there, it can be tough to know which ones are the best. So here’s a list of the best Shopify Google Tag Manager apps to help you grow and scale your business more efficiently. Each of these apps has its own unique set of features and benefits, so be sure to read through the descriptions and our take based on the user reviews carefully to find the Shopify app that’s right for you.
1. Google Tag Manager
- Rating – 3.5 of 5 stars (25 reviews)
- Pricing – From $30/month. 7-day free trial.
At Google Tag Manager App, our mission is to make it easy for DTC brands and Shopify stores to track analytics. We have enabled over 1,000 brands to use analytics to help them grow their business.
- Support for all Tag Types – Tag your products with tracking capabilities, and use the data to better understand how customers are interacting with your products. This will help you make informed decisions about product development and marketing strategies.
- Accurate Marketing Data – You need accurate marketing data to help you turn advertising dollars into profits. This data can help you identify which ads are generating the most response from potential customers, and determine where to allocate your advertising budget in order to produce the most ROI.
- From Beginner to Expert – Shopify is an easy to set up store platform that offers advanced features for agencies and experts.
Based on the reviews, it seems as if this app has some internal issues which prevent it from working properly. Additionally, the app does not seem to be well-built and may not be worth downloading in the first place.
2. Google Analytics 4 & GTM
- Rating – 5.0 of 5 stars (141 reviews)
- Pricing – $449 one-time charge
We have an app that helps you track your Shopify store’s data and analytics. This app is easy to use and can be set up in just 8 minutes. If you need help setting it up, we offer a done-for-you option at no extra cost.
- No-Code In-Depth Analytics – You don’t need to write any code in Shopify or Google Tag Manager to implement this plugin. We have done all the work for you, and our codes are always up-to-date.
- Google Analytics 4 Compatible – With Analytics 4, it’s easy to get started with Analyzify’s advanced User Metrics features. These include tracking user IDs, recent activity, and spending habits.
- Tailored In-Person Support – We provide a code and help you to configure the GTM, GA, GDS; and make adjustments based on your specific business needs.
Based on the customer reviews, it can be said that Analyzify’s GA4 app is an invaluable tool for measuring conversion rates across all channels. The customer service is excellent, and the app itself is beautiful and user-friendly.
3. Easy Tag ‑ GTM & Data Layer
- Rating – 4.9 of 5 stars (54 reviews)
- Pricing – $149 one-time charge
Google Tag Manager makes implementing Google Analytics easy, fast, and accurate. This is great news for e-commerce marketers, as it eliminates the guesswork involved in marketing. This data is then useful for making informed decisions which can help grow your business..
- Quick & Easy to install – Google Tag Manager and Data Layer provide a simple way to install many marketing tags. We’ve automated the process of installing over 50 tags for you.
- Improve data accuracy – If you spend more time worrying about the things that are important, then your data will be collected correctly.
- Friendly Technical Support – If you’re new to tag management, or have questions about how it works, our team of experts can help. We’re here to help you get the most out of your tag manager implementation, so please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Based on the customer reviews, Easy Tag is a great option for managing GTM and data layer services. It is affordable, easy to use, and has helped customers successfully track their campaigns and optimize their online advertising. Highly recommended!
4. Elevar Tag Management Suite
- Rating – 4.8 of 5 stars (87 reviews)
- Pricing – From $50/month
The study found that people who use social networking sites frequently are more likely to engage in unhealthy behaviors.Research has shown that frequent online users of social networking sites are more likely to engage in unhealthy behaviors such as smoking and overeating.
- Google Tag Manager Data Layer – Instructions on how to install the GTM data layer for use in Google Analytics, GA4, Facebook CAPI, Google Ads and server-side tracking.
- Server-Side Tracking – Server-side tracking allows you to track your marketing data accurately, from across all of your channels. This information can help you better understand and target your customers.
- Channel Accuracy Monitoring – Conversion tracking is automatically monitored and if it breaks then an alert will be sent so that you can fix the issue.
Based on the customer reviews, it seems that the app is not working as intended and is charging customers despite never having been installed. We would like this charge removed as soon as possible.
5. Hello GTM & Data Layer
- Rating – 5.0 of 5 stars (2 reviews)
- Pricing – Free plan available. 7-day free trial.
GTM & Data layer is a quick and easy way to add Google Tag Manager scripts right away. It rid you of the hassle of editing your themes code to integrate your store with the Google Tag Manager. Thus, this app lets you track a lot of data through Google Tag Manager.
- Easy to Install & Use – To install the container, simply type its ID in the box below. There is no need to write any code!
- Data Layer Support – The data layer should be able to provide more detailed information about customers, such as their addresses, contact information, and spending patterns.
- Accurate Sales Data – Integrating your store with GTM will give you a more accurate picture of how customers are interacting with your products, and this information can be used to generate more profitable advertising.
6. GDPR Legal Cookie
- Rating – 4.9 of 5 stars (181 reviews)
- Pricing – Free plan available. 7-day free trial.
Your shop is fully compliant with GDPR requirements.
- Cookie and Tracking Consent – Some cookies and tracking scripts collect information about your visits to our website, including the pages you visit, the time of day you visit, and the IP address from which you accessed our website.Some cookies and tracking scripts collect information about your visits to our website, including the pages you visit, the time of day you visit, and other factors that allow us to identify who you are.
- Legal Compliance – Quickly bring your store into compliance with the law without having to spend time or learn about it.Easily comply with legal requirements for your business with a few simple steps.
- Customizable – An easy editor that is known from Shopify and also easy to set up of third party cookies.
The app is good but the customer service is great. The app slows down the page speed, depending on themes and additional heavy load features in the shop. The support is fast and very helpful.
7. Pafit Tag Management for GTM
- Rating – 5.0 of 5 stars (3 reviews)
- Pricing – $14/month. 2-day free trial.
Pafit Tag Management helps collect data on Shopify and set up Google Tag Manager. It has two main functions: collecting data on Shopify and setting up Google Tag Manager.
- Easy to install GTM – Tag Manager can be added to your store, and configured to measure GA4, CPC, etc. all at once.
- Automate 100+ GTM settings – This app allows you to configure settings for sending measurement data to a variety of advertising platforms.
- Reduce dev cost by No-Code – There is no need to write code for data collection. This app will handle the setup for you.
8. GDPR Compliance Center
- Rating – 4.9 of 5 stars (303 reviews)
- Pricing – Free plan available. 7-day free trial.
If your store business is located in Europe, Brazil, or California, or you have customers from those regions, you will need our app to ensure compliance with the different laws and avoid any fines.
- Cookie Consent Bar for GDPR – Our cookie consent and store scanning solution is the most powerful and flexible option available, meeting GDPR compliance requirements with bilingual cookie bars/banners.
- Data Subject Rights Management – It is difficult to respond to customer rights requests because it is a time-consuming process full of manual tasks. This makes it a challenge to meet regulatory requirements.
Based on customer reviews, it is evident that the Cookie Banner App by ClickFunnels is helpful, easy to use, and compliant with EU regulatories. However, there are some improvements that could be made (such as a faster speed and integration with other platforms), but overall the app is great. Overall, the customer experience was positive.
9. Omega ‑ Multi Facebook Pixels
- Rating – 4.9 of 5 stars (402 reviews)
- Pricing – From $4.50/month. 7-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.
If you want to use Conversion API to measure the effectiveness of your Facebook Ads, you need a Facebook Pixel. This helps Facebook to get accurate data so that it can measure the effectiveness of your ads accurately.
- Only trust smart Pixel data – Make sure you’re sending accurate, up-to-date conversion events to your pixels in real time. This will help you keep track of your conversions and generate attribution reports properly.
- Multiple pixels & server CAPIs – Backup, test, and optimize your master, collection, and niche pixels to ensure they are functioning correctly with iOS 14 updates. Coping with server and browser events can be a difficult task, but deduplication can help make the process easier.
- UTM tags to fix attribution – To make sure your content is being seen by as many people as possible, you can use Facebook’s dashboard to help target your posts to specific demographics, or use catalogs to collect all of the content your business has produced in the past. Combined with Meta Pixels, you can create powerful social marketing campaigns that get results!
Based on the customer reviews, it seems that the Omega Facebook Multi Pixel app is a great way to track and monitor your Facebook ads data. The app is easy to use and can provide accurate data tracking. However, some customers had trouble setting it up and experienced poor customer support. Overall, though, this app is highly recommended.
10. Omega Google Tag
- Rating – 5.0 of 5 stars (8 reviews)
- Pricing – $6.99/month. 7-day free trial.
You don’t know how to track conversion events on your website using the global site tag (UA/GA4).
- Copy & paste experience – To use the GTM container ID or GA/UA tracking ID, copy and paste it into the app. Then hit “save.”
- Full basic GA eCommerce events – To track pageview to purchase events, just check the boxes in the app. No need to configure events in your GA/UA account or set up code.
- Robust & flexible tracking – GTM is a great tool for exploring how different marketing channels are working, and getting more insights into what’s driving conversions and ROI.
11. XO Insert Code
- Rating – 4.7 of 5 stars (33 reviews)
- Pricing – Free plan available. 3-day free trial.
Adding Insert Code to your Shop pages gives you the ability to insert code that can help you measure and optimize your website’s performance, track customer data, or verify website header tags.
- – The study found that children who were raised in homes with both parents present had better mental health outcomes than those who were not.According to the study, children who were raised in homes with both parents present had better mental health outcomes than those who were not.
- – Regardless of which type of computer you use, most programs can be opened with a mouse or keyboard.Most programs can be opened with a mouse or keyboard, regardless of the type of computer you are using.
- – The popularity of social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter has created a new form of communication in which users share short snippets of information about their lives.Social media platforms have allowed people to communicate through brief updates about their lives, which has created a new form of communication.
Based on the customer reviews, it can be said that Xoplify has some issues with customer service. However, the app itself is simple to use and may be beneficial for some users.
There you have it! The best Shopify google tag manager apps to help take your business to the next level. No matter what your budget is or what type of business you have, there’s an app on this list that can help you improve and scale your business. And since most of these Google Tag Manager apps for Shopify have a free trial, you can spend a while to try some of the ones you like best before finalizing one one! So what are you waiting for? Get started today and see the results for yourself! And don’t forget to keep an eye on for more Shopify app reviews
Want to get your app listed? If you have built a Shopify app that fits the list, see one missing from here, let us know. Drop us an email on [email protected] with the subject "Collaboration request" and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.